CME for ECR 2020 Online (July 15-19)
ECR 2020 Online (July 15-19) has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and by the Österreichische Ärztekammer (Austrian Medical Chamber).
For Europe, the event has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) for a maximum of 28 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Please note that the number of CME credits may differ from the maximum number of credits your national jurisdiction approves for your continuous medical education. For more information see CME CONFIRMATION below.
The Österreichische Ärztekammer (Austrian Medical Chamber) has granted a maximum of 25 DFP (Diplom-Fortbildungs-Programm der Österreichischen Akademie der Ärzte) credits for ECR 2020 Online (July 15-19). Please note that each educational session has been accredited individually as a webinar.
USA and Canada
Through an agreement between the UEMS and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credits to AMA credits can be found at www.ama-assn.org/education/earn-credit-participation-international-activities.
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
CME points claimed at the ECR are accepted by the majority of national CME authorities worldwide where CME is mandatory for physicians. Please consult your national jurisdiction for the maximum number of CME points it will approve following your attendance at ECR 2020 Online (July 15-19).
CME credits per day and session
Click here to see the list of maximum CME credits per day and individual session.
CME ACQUISITION PROCEDURE
In order to acquire CME credits for your ECR 2020 Online attendance during July 15-19, the following has to be observed:
- You need to be registered for ECR Online (July 15-19). If you did not register for the ECR 2020 onsite event in March, please register via our platform ESR Connect. Holders of an ECR 2020 onsite ticket for March are registered automatically.
- You need to attend the relevant sessions online via live stream in full length.
- You need to consent to your personal data being processed for the purpose of the CME acquisition process when downloading the CME Certificate on ESR Connect.
- You have to complete the electronic evaluation questionnaire for each session you attended and for which you would like to claim CME credits. To do so, please click the “Session Evaluation” button displayed on the right column of the live-streamed session or go to section “My Evaluation” of your ESR Connect account.
- You have to complete the electronic “Overall Congress Evaluation” questionnaire. To do so, please go to section “My Evaluation” of your ESR Connect account. The link will be listed at the top of this page.
Please note that evaluation of the sessions you attend is only possible until July 21 (23:59 CEST), 2020. After this end date, evaluation will not be possible, and no CME credits can be obtained. Please make sure to submit your evaluations of the sessions and the overall congress evaluation questionnaire during this period! Each session can only be evaluated once.
Two confirmations can be obtained after the ECR 2020 Online congress: Confirmation of Attendance and CME Confirmation.
Confirmation of Attendance:
This document confirms attendance at ECR 2020 Online, without listing specific sessions you have attended.
- Available to every ECR 2020 Online attendee who followed the live stream of ECR 2020 Online (July 15-19).
- Your Confirmation of Attendance was sent in pdf format via email.
In case of questions, please email email@example.com.
- This document lists in exact detail all the sessions you have attended online and evaluated during ECR 2020 Online (July 15-19). It also states the number of hours attended and the number of CME credits you have been awarded for ECR 2020 Online.
- Your CME Confirmation is available in the “My Certificates” section of your ESR Connect account.
- Your CME Confirmation is available for download until July 31, 2021
Each ECR delegate meeting the CME requirements described under above section “CME acquisition procedure” has access to confirmation of all activities attended via the document ‘CME Confirmation’. From August 3, 2020, delegates can go online any time to the “My Certificates” section in their ESR Connect account and print out their ‘CME Confirmation’ document. This document lists in exact detail all the sessions attended live and evaluated during the online congress as well as the related number of hours.
The number of hours is identical to the number of CME credits awarded. If you tally the listed hours yourself and there is a discrepancy to the ‘Total hours earned’ position, this may have several reasons.
The UEMS-EACCME® has accredited the ECR 2020 Online congress with a maximum of 28 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). So, the ‘Total hours earned’ position on your CME Confirmation document will never show more, even if the sum of all hours attended may be greater.
Please note that no CME points can be granted for industry symposia, the opening and closing ceremony and sessions with a duration of less than one hour.
Although participants may partially attend multiple concurrent sessions, the total number of hours printed at the end of the list limits the credit to the equivalent of a single session during that time slot.
Your CME Confirmation will be available from August 3, 2020 onwards via the “My Certificates” section in your ESR Connect account.
Please note that your personal Username and Password are required for login.
The printout of your CME Confirmation should be submitted to your national jurisdiction (usually responsible for accreditation) for approval of your CME credits. Please note that the CME Confirmation will be issued only to the participant. It will not be supplied to any accreditation agency or other organisation.
In case of questions, please contact ESR’s CME support at cme@myESR.org.