Introduction by the moderators
Jonathan McNulty, Dublin / IE
Donna Newman, Fargo, ND / US
Exploring the current landscape and evidence-base relating to artificial intelligence (AI) and the radiographer profession
Nicholas Hans Woznitza, London / UK
1. To summarise the existing evidence of the impact of AI on radiographers.
2. To recognise the risks and benefits when introducing AI into clinical practice.
3. To explore the opportunities that AI could present in radiographer role development.
Ethical considerations in AI
Adrian Brady, Cork / IE
1. To learn the ethical controversies that AI is introducing in medical imaging.
2. To provide an overview of the professional and legal implications.
3. To explore/elaborate on the need for a code of conduct.
Considering AI in our education and training programmes
Maryann Hardy, Bradford / UK
1. To consider what our students need to know about AI.
2. To discuss opportunities to use AI to supplement radiographer education.
3. To identify future concepts that radiographers will require to work with integrated AI.
Horizon scanning: the future of AI and the radiographer profession
Melissa Jackowski, Garner, NC / US
1. To discuss how radiographers can contribute to the development of AI in medical imaging.
2. To summaries barriers to the implementation of AI in clinical practice.
3. To illustrate the potential contribution of AI to patient safety.
Live Q&A: What steps can be taken to better prepare radiographers for AI?
Fargo, ND, United States
European Federation of Radiographer Societies and School of Medicine, University College Dublin
Fargo, ND, United States×
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Pet CT, Sanford Health
London, United Kingdom×
Radiology Homerton, University Hospital
Head of Department & Consultant Radiologist, Mercy University Hospital ESR second Vice-President (2020-2021)
Bradford, United Kingdom×
Department of Radiography School of Health Studies University of Bradford
Garner, NC, United States×
American Society of Radiologic Technologists Immediate Past Chairman of the Board; Siemens Healthineers