Introduction by the moderator
Georg Langs, Vienna / AT
A. Conventional machine learning vs deep learning
Marleen de Bruijne, Rotterdam / NL
1. To understand the difference between machine learning and deep learning.
2. To learn about the various conventional machine learning techniques.
3. To learn about pros and cons of conventional machine learning vs deep learning.
B. Training data for deep learning: what is needed?
Ben Glocker, London / UK
1. To understand how deep learning algorithms are trained.
2. To learn about methods to perform deep learning in case of limited training data.
3. To understand the limits of deep learning approaches.
C. Clinical applications of artificial intelligence (AI) in medical imaging
Nickolas Papanikolaou, Lisbon / PT
1. To learn about the current state of the art of AI applications in medical imaging.
2. To focus on the current challenges related to AI development and deployment in clinical conditions.
3. To understand how AI will transform medical imaging in the long term.
Associate Professor at Medical University of Vienna, and director of the Computational Imaging Lab at the Department of Biomedical Imaging and Image-guided Therapy. Research affiliate at the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab at MIT.
2004 MSc in Mathematics Vienna University of Technology 2007 PhD in Computer Science at Graz University of Technology 2007-2008 PostDoc at the Applied Mathematics and Systems Laboratory at Ecole Centrale de Paris 2009-2011 Research Scientist at Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at Massachusetts Institute of Technology Since 2011 Faculty of Medical University of Vienna and Head of the Computational Imaging Research Lab (CIR) at the Medical University of Vienna Since 2011 Research Affiliate at Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus MC - University Medical Center Rotterdam
London, United Kingdom×
Department of Computing, Imperial College London
Principal Investigator in Oncologic Imaging, Champalimaud Foundation Centre for the Unknown