Introduction by the moderator
Adelino Santos, Coimbra / PT
The relevance of patient communication
Uffe L. W. Jakobsen, Odense / DK
1. To understand the need for effective communication to guarantee the appropriate examination of the correct patient.
2. To become familiar with various communication techniques to increase patient cooperation.
3. To be aware of the potential of communication to enhance the quality of patient services.
Communication of radiation risk
Jonathan Portelli, Msida / MT
1. To become familiar with practical tips to support effective patient risk communication.
2. To be aware of the risk communication challenges for vulnerable patients.
3. To understand the obligations of communicating risk under EU legislation.
Radiographers as communication role models
Matteo Migliorini, Ferrara / IT
1. To become familiar with models of communication.
2. To be aware of radiographers' appropriate attitudes and posture as a means of communication.
3. To be aware of how to develop and promote an optimal communication training setting for students.
Live Q&A: Communication as a tool to improve the patient experience: how can we build an effective communication culture?
Radiography Department (Education), UCL University College, Denmark
Department of Radiography, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Malta
Department of Radiology, University Teaching Hospital "S. Anna"