The ESOR Courses for EDiR are designed to prepare/assist those entering examinations for the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) but can also be used to update one’s knowledge in a specific area. The format includes nine courses, each one dealing with a specific organ/system-oriented theme. The teaching/learning objectives for each of the topics are strictly adhered to Level II of the European Training Curriculum. Completion of the courses does not guarantee acceptance to take the examination or success in the examination.
- to become familiarised with the clinical and imaging presentations, clinical differential diagnosis of the most prevalent and important disorders of the central nervous system (CNS) diseases
- to understand the utility and accuracy of most recent diagnostic imaging techniques, with special emphasis on CT and MRI
- to become familiar with the most common imaging signs of these diseases and the most important differential diagnosis
- to recognise the critical clinical information provided by the imaging studies with direct implication for treatment decisions
- to appreciate the importance of the imaging information for CNS disorders follow-up