E³ - Advanced Courses
23:24B. Allen, Jr., Birmingham, AL / United States
1. To introduce the audience to the AI use cases developed by the American College of Radiology.
2. To learn about an ecosystem for developing AI algorithms that can be translated into clinical practice.
3. To discuss the hurdles and proposed solutions to getting regulatory approval for AI techniques.
25:16L. Maier-Hein, Heidelberg / Germany
1. To learn about the outcomes of a review of more than 150 challenges in medical imaging.
2. To learn about the metrics allowing the objective evaluation of AI algorithm performance.
3. To understand how new developments in AI challenges help to objectively evaluate the performance of algorithms.
24:23L. Martí-Bonmatí, Valencia / Spain
1. To critically review the current level of AI adoption in clinical practice.
2. To understand the need of data scientists working in radiology departments.
3. To discuss what next steps need to be taken in order to increase take-up in clinical practice.