Introduction by the moderator
Wiro J. Niessen, Rotterdam / NL
A. Artificial intelligence (AI) use cases
Bibb Allen, Birmingham, AL / US
1. To introduce the audience to the AI use cases as developed by the American College of Radiology.
2. To learn about an ecosystem for developing AI algorithms that can be translated to clinical practice.
3. To discuss hurdles and proposed solutions in getting AI techniques regulatory approved.
B. Challenges to objectively compare performance of AI applications
Lena Maier-Hein, Heidelberg / DE
1. To learn the outcomes of a review of more than 150 challenges in medical imaging.
2. To learn about the metrics allowing the objective evaluation of AI algorithm performance.
3. To understand how new developments in AI challenges help to objectively evaluate the performance of algorithms.
C. How far are we in getting AI into clinical practice?
Luis Martí-Bonmatí, Valencia / ES
1. To critically review the current level of AI adoption in clinical practice.
2. To understand the need of data scientists working in radiology departments.
3. To discuss what next steps need to be taken in order to increase take-up in clinical practice.
Wiro J. Niessen
Birmingham, AL, United States×
Department of Medical Imaging, Hospital Universitario y Politécnico La Fe