EUROSAFE IMAGING SESSION
19:33Mika Kortesniemi, Helsinki / FI
1. To understand the revised process of radiation protection and optimisation.
2. To understand the need for more comprehensive imaging quality data extending to the clinical level.
3. To learn how radiomics and AI may help in more clinically adjusted and quantitative optimisation.
22:22Christoph Hoeschen, Magdeburg / DE
1. To name a number of very drastic claims of dose reduction using AI in x-ray based imaging.
2. To show that AI methods will, for diagnostic purposes, be limited based on physical information theory aspects, and why some approaches seem to be able to go beyond due to methodological errors.
3. To learn exemplary methods on how to detect methodological errors and construct test cases for ensuring to avoid such errors in your own research.
22:30Christoph Hoeschen, Magdeburg / DE
1. To understand the nuclear imaging processes and to identify in which steps AI can be of help.
2. To focus on some selected applications, e.g. towards reduction of the administered dose or costs of scanners.
3. To analyse possible drawbacks and bottlenecks.