E³ - European Diploma Prep Session
20:12J. Tanner, Cambridge / UK
1. To understand the anatomy, normal appearances, variants, and abnormalities of the female breast.
2. To become familiar with the technical aspects of diagnostic mammography, especially in regard to dose and image quality.
3. To become familiar with the principles of current practice and risk/benefit analysis in breast cancer screening.
25:14T. Sella, Jerusalem / Israel
1. To learn about the differentiation of benign and malignant breast disease.
2. To understand the principles and basic application of standardised diagnostic categorisation systems such as BI-RADS® (the ACR breast imaging reporting and data system).
3. To become familiar with indications, contraindications, and technical aspects of image-guided interventional breast procedures.
25:13E. Fallenberg, Munich / Germany
1. To understand the role of advanced imaging techniques in the evaluation of the breast.
2. To learn to use the added value of new techniques for lesion classification in mammography, ultrasound, and MRI.
3. To recognise the major imaging challenges for common indications of breast imaging.