EUROSAFE IMAGING SESSION
21:43Jenia N. Vassileva, Vienna / AT
1. To present a summary of the recent data on patient cumulative exposure from recurrent imaging procedures, and the actions proposed during the IAEA meeting on this topic.
2. To ensure medical benefits always exceed risks for patients who need frequent radiological imaging for diagnosing and monitoring their diseases.
18:24Franz Kainberger, Vienna / AT
1. To identify scenarios where patients have an increased probability of reaching or exceeding the cumulative dose limits.
2. To develop methods of early detection of scenarios with a potential higher dose risk, and how alert systems can be implemented.
3. To learn how to document and communicate in situations with a higher risk of cumulative dose with a view on the patient's outcome.
17:24Raija Seuri, Helsinki / FI
1. To illustrate that there are groups of patients at risk of receiving high cumulative doses during childhood.
2. To understand the role of justification in avoiding unnecessary high cumulative doses.
3. To understand the role of dose tracking in optimisation.