11:02M. Armbruster, Munich / DE
1. To understand how to establish the capabilities and limitations of the emergency radiology department.
2. To learn how to decide what protocols to use in case of a mass casualty incident.
3. To learn the importance of the disaster management plan and team practice.
15:27E. Dick, London / UK
1. To learn about the typical injuries of knife or gunshot wounds.
2. To understand the physics of bomb blasts and the corresponding injuries.
3. To appreciate the role of radiology in disaster settings and to discuss scenarios of biological, chemical, or radiation attacks.
12:24A. Bloom, Jerusalem / IL
1. To present the unique features of interventional radiology in mass casualty incident settings.
2. To provide examples of interventional radiology use in mass casualty incidents.
3. To present new tools used for the treatment of patients.
London, United Kingdom×
Department of Radiology, Imperial College Trust, St. Mary's Hospital