COFFEE & TALK SESSION
14:21David C. Howlett, Eastbourne / UK
1. To consider the requirements of the European basic safety standards directive (EU-BSS) with an emphasis on clinical audit.
2. To present the results of EU-BSS uptake surveys amongst European radiology departments.
3. To discuss the implications of survey findings and mechanisms to enhance departmental clinical audit processes.
14:56Alexandra Karoussou-Schreiner, Luxembourg / LU
1. To outline the actions conducted by regulatory authorities in Europe within HERCA on justification.
2. To discuss the findings following the inspection action conducted on justification in radiology in 2016.
3. To present the campaign "Getting the right image for my patient" that promotes the appropriate use of medical imaging.
11:54Andras Palko, Szeged / HU
1. To demonstrate how dose monitoring is built into the daily workflow of a tertiary diagnostic radiology centre.
2. To understand the effect of required justification, in cases of dose exceeding DRL, on the attitude and practice of physicians and technicians.
11:56Guy Frija, Paris / FR
1. To discuss the roles of professionals in the justification process.
2. To outline the key aspects of a draft EuroSafe discussion paper on improving justification.
3. To describe initial feedback on the paper from EuroSafe Imaging Star centres.