EuroSafe Imaging Session - Jointly organised by the ESR and WHO
14:57Jim Malone, Dublin / Ireland
1. To learn about the distinction between ethical behaviour and compliance with guidelines/the law.
2. To become familiar with a widely accepted set of ethical values and how to discern them in medicine and radiation protection (RP).
3. To understand that a personal moral compass alone is not acceptable when acting as a professional.
11:33Guy Frija, Paris / France
1. To learn the evolving position of ethics in radiation protection in medicine.
2. To identify ethical challenges for the implementation of the radiation protection system in medical imaging.
3. To appreciate the EuroSafe response to these developments.
18:39F. Bochud, Lausanne / Switzerland
1. To learn about the existence of ICRP-138, a report setting out the ethics foundation of radiation protection.
2. To appreciate why ICRP is developing a new report on ethics of radiation protection in medical diagnosis/treatment.
3. To understand the concepts and values that will be introduced in the new ICRP report.
14:42D. Husseiny Salama, Cairo / Egypt
1. To learn about the importance of ethics for radiology in day-to-day practice.
2. To become familiar with ethical dilemmas that may arise when implementing the system of radiation protection in radiology.
3. To understand the importance of information for, and personal contact with, patients in day-to-day practice.