EuroSafe Imaging Session - Jointly organised by EuroSafe Imaging and ECR Subcommittee on Physics in Medical Imaging
22:13M. Mahesh, Baltimore, MD / United States
1. To learn how different data sources can be used to estimate the number of imaging procedures.
2. To appreciate the difficulties in estimating radiation doses per imaging procedure.
3. To understand the method to estimate medical radiation exposure per person.
17:33D. Frush, Durham, NC / United States
1. To become familiar with the various imaging procedures performed in the paediatric population.
2. To appreciate how size matters and that imaging protocols are key to dose optimisation.
3. To understand the status of paediatric imaging in the Unites States as per NCRP 184.
20:33P. Thomas, Yallambie, VIC / Australia
1. To learn about the survey results of the global radiation exposure of patients.
2. To appreciate the challenges in coordinating data regarding the number of imaging procedures from various countries.
3. To understand how the model can be utilised to estimate radiation exposure.