04:22Boris Brkljacic, Zagreb / HR
13:13Arabinda Choudhary, Little Rock, AR / US
1. To learn how effective the radiologist is at diagnosing abusive head trauma.
2. To appreciate the difficulties of creating high-level scientific evidence for radiological signs of child abuse.
3. To discuss the dilemmas when selecting studies for meta-analysis of medical signs of child abuse.
16:57Wilma Duijst, Maastricht / NL
1. To understand the true impact of legal evidence and the role of medical expert witnesses.
2. To appreciate the differences between legal and medical evidence.
3. To discuss legal dilemmas when medical scientific evidence is sparse. How does the court evaluate the reliability and credibility of the expert witnesses?
12:31Maria Raissaki, Iraklion / GR
1. To present examples of cultural differences in what is perceived as 'abuse'.
2. To understand the difficulties in appreciation of demographics of child abuse across Europe.
3. To discuss how potential cultural differences can create medical and legal dilemmas in defining child abuse.
4. To discuss the importance of prevention.
11:52Reena Mary George, Vienna / AT
1. To learn about health services available to survivors of child sexual abuse and awareness programmes currently available to deal with this issue.
2. To appreciate the paradox in law relating to child sexual abuse in India.
3. To discuss positive and negative examples of services provided to children after reporting their abuse, and examples of the impact of child sexual abuse in some cases.
Amaka C. Offiah
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Little Rock, AR, United States
Reena Mary George