E³ - The Beauty of Basic Knowledge
29:37R. Sutter, Zurich / Switzerland
1. To recognise the common types of metal-induced artifacts in MRI and to identify the diagnostic pitfalls.
2. To apply effective basic techniques for reducing MRI metal artifacts in turbo spin echo sequences and fat saturated sequences.
3. To learn about the advanced techniques reducing through-plane distortions in MRI and their clinical impact.
30:34N. Oberhofer, Bozen / Italy
1. To understand and learn how to minimise the risk related to active electronic implants in an MRI environment.
2. To understand and learn how to minimise the risk related to passive implants in patients and staff in an MRI environment.
3. To understand the role of equipment choices in reducing the risk related to implants in an MRI environment.