Special Focus Session
03:26S. Zackrisson, Malmö / Sweden
1. To understand why tomosynthesis is better than mammography for breast cancer screening.
2. To appreciate the current scientific evidence of tomosynthesis in screening.
3. To acknowledge what further steps are needed before implementation in screening.
04:49R. Mann, Nijmegen / Netherlands
1. To recognise artefacts specific to automated breast ultrasound (ABUS).
2. To appreciate the value of multiplanar reconstruction and the coronal spiculation pattern.
3. To gain insight into possible indications for ABUS.
04:02P. Kapetas, Vienna / Austria
1. To understand the difference between complex cystic and solid lesions from other cystic lesions of the breast.
2. To become familiar with complementary sonographic techniques for the accurate characterisation of cystic breast lesions.
3. To be able to properly manage complex cystic and solid lesions of the breast.
06:31I. Thomassin-Naggara, Paris / France
1. To understand the clinical role of axillary staging.
2. To learn the imaging features of abnormal lymph nodes and the criteria for biopsy.
3. To understand the importance of discriminating minimal vs advanced nodal disease.
05:13E. Fallenberg, Munich / Germany
1. To understand the technical principles of contrast-enhanced spectral mammography.
2. To understand the added value of information provided by contrast-enhanced spectral mammography.
3. To become familiar with the information provided by contrast-enhanced spectral mammography and breast MRI regarding lesion morphology and enhancement.
04:15E. Giannotti, Nottingham / UK
1. To understand the indications for stereotactic-guided breast biopsy.
2. To learn about the technical aspects of stereotactic biopsy.
3. To understand the importance of marker clip placement post-biopsy.
05:03A. Athanasiou, Athens / Greece
1. To understand current indications, contraindications, and possible complications of US-guided biopsy.
2. To be familiar with different available biopsy systems and to know which one to choose according to the clinical setting.
3. To learn the most important technical tips for performing a US-guided biopsy successfully.
04:41Gul Esen, Istanbul / Turkey
1. To understand the importance of pre-biopsy preparation including patient information.
2. To be familiar with how to relate lesion and needle positions.
3. To appreciate tricks for targeting lesions in complicated locations (superficial, deep, retroareolar).
04:35J. Camps Herrero, Valencia / Spain
1. To understand and learn the different phases of fat necrosis and its imaging correlates in all modalities.
2. To know what to report in patients with breast implants and oncoplastic reconstructions.
3. To learn the different appearances of breast cancer recurrence.
05:24C. Van Ongeval, Leuven / Belgium
1. To learn what is important in the reporting of the treatment response.
2. To understand the accuracy of mammography, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance in the monitoring of therapy.