COFFEE & TALK SESSION
16:46Adrian Brady, Cork / IE
1. To outline the importance of providing appropriate clinical information when requesting imaging studies.
2. To emphasise the two-way conversation between referrers and radiologists inherent in good radiology practice.
3. To reinforce the centrality of radiologist input in choosing the most effective use of imaging to answer clinical problems.
22:11Reinhard W.R. Loose, Nuremberg / DE
1. To highlight the ALARA principle and requirements for diagnostic image quality.
2. To promote and demonstrate the chances of new dose reduction techniques.
3. To outline diagnostic limitations in cases of too-low dose protocols.
19:06Franz Kainberger, Vienna / AT
1. To assess the relevance of overutilisation, overdiagnosis, and overtreatment.
2. To use a simple grading for expressing the pre-test probability in referrals for imaging.
3. To assess the usefulness of strategies for reducing the rate of "rule-out" referrals.