ISRRT MEETS CANADA
11:05Alain Cromp, Ottawa, ON / CA
1. To learn how the profession of radiographers is regulated in Canada.
2. To understand how the regulation differs from one province to another, and the challenges of mobility for radiographers.
3. To become familiar with the continuing professional development obligations imposed by regulators.
4. To understand the difference between regulators, the National Alliance of Regulators, and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
14:48Carrie Bru, Ottawa, ON / CA
1. To examine the different models of entry-level MRT education in Canada.
2. To identify trends impacting entry-level MRT education.
3. To discuss Canada’s transition to a role-based competency framework.
4. To describe the advanced practice landscape in Canada.
14:28Andrew Murphy, Vancouver, BC / CA
1. To learn about the overall applications of AI in medical imaging.
2. To understand the methods in which these applications are being researched, tested, and sold to health care professionals, and the steps radiology groups are taking to educate their members.
3. To appreciate the value that both radiographers and radiographer societies around the world can provide by ensuring safe, accountable rollouts of AI tools.
4. To become familiar with AI as a clinical tool rather than an overcomplicated, inaccessible entity.
12:52Steve DeColle, Edmonton, AB / CA
1. To learn about technologist peer learning.
2. To appreciate the value of peer learning to the patient experience.
3. To understand the implications peer learning has on quality and safety.