State of the Art Symposium
14:51M. Brink, Nijmegen / Netherlands
1. To learn the importance of choosing the optimal CT imaging protocol for trauma patients.
2. To understand the differences in single and dual phase imaging.
3. To appreciate the need to detect subtle but potentially fatal injuries in polytrauma patients.
13:17A. Deganello, London / UK
1. To learn how to classify and grade solid organ injuries.
2. To become familiar with incorporating CEUS in trauma patient follow ups as an alternative to repeated CT-studies.
3. To appreciate patient selection and appropriate timing of follow up CEUSs.
4. To understand the advantages and limitations of CEUS in solid organ trauma.
19:41N. Verma, Gainesville, FL / United States
1. To understand the feasibility and usefulness of MRI in solid organ injury follow up imaging.
2. To become familiar with the suitable candidates and timeline for MRI follow up with regard to severity of organ injury.
3. To understand the limitations and challenges of interpreting traumatic lesions and assessing blood products in MRI.
14:17L. Lehti, Malmö / Sweden
1. To learn about the patient selection and interventional treatment options for splenic, hepatic and renal injuries.
2. To become familiar with the recommended treatment options for solid organ and abdominal vascular injury.
3. To understand findings that indicate change of management from conservative to IR, from IR to surgical.
4. To understand what the interventional radiologist/surgeon needs to know.