Special Focus Session
15:34M. Broeders, Nijmegen / Netherlands
1. To become familiar with the current risk prediction models for breast cancer and their potential use in screening.
2. To understand the most important measures used to determine how well a risk model performs.
3. To learn about the ongoing research to further improve models to assess breast cancer risk.
14:18Per Hall, Stockholm / Sweden
1. To argue why different risk models should be used for individualised prevention and early detection of breast cancer.
2. To understand why early detection risk models must include mammographic features and should not have a longer time span than the screening interval.
3. To show why risk assessment should be repeated and performed each time a woman has a screening mammography.
16:46K. Kerlikowske, San Francisco, CA / United States
1. To appreciate the differences in risk prediction for overall breast cancer risk vs intermediary breast cancer outcomes.
2. To understand how risk stratification impacts the balance of benefits and harms of screening.
3. To become familiar with risk-based screening approaches in the US.
14:29C. van Gils, Utrecht / Netherlands
1. To appreciate the importance of breast cancer masking in addition to breast cancer risk.
2. To become familiar with the approaches of using breast density to personalise breast cancer screening with MRI.
3. To learn about the performance of MRI in women with dense breasts and increased breast cancer risk.